Monday, February 15, 2010

Whats the Fuss about??....

I dont understand why the Valentines Day celebrations are made such a big issue in our dear old country.....Love is not an unfamiliar notion in our great land....Stories of Shakuntala and Dushyant...Shirin and Farhaad and many such legends have originated in this great land...

Then whats the fuss over Valentines day celebrations??...Is it because its a great threat to our culture...traditions...moral values etc??...I dont think so....Our land is filled with Poems and Folklores on Love....it is the land of Kamasutra...Then why does groups like Ram Sene threaten people and places where these celebrations are carried out??...and why do they defile our Gods by naming themselves after them??...

Having married for love myself...I know the joy and elation the feeling of love brings and when something brings such immense joy in ones life then one should be allowed to express it by celebrating it...this expression is a fundamental human right!!.....

I want to wish my sweetheart Gursher whom I fondly call Laddu a happy valentines day....Thank you sweetheart for bringing such love and happiness in my life... :))

2 comments:

  1. True but the ideals are only when it comes to others. We read abt kamasutra but don't discuss. We talk abt charity but don't practice. Strange but true. Laddu is a lucky chap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Tiger..its the tragedy of our great Indian society....I dont know when we will be able to break the shackles.....

    But yes Laddu is indeed a lucky chap :))

    ReplyDelete