Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekend Breakfast...

Here I am... cozily tucked in my quilt... nursing my tonsils and a running nose and dreaming about a breakfast of aloo parathas :)).....sad thing is that this dream wont come true unless I move and make them myself....a year ago I couldnt imagine myself waking up on a saturday morning and thinking of making aloo parathas...hell I wouldnt even wake up at 9.30 am on a saturday morning...its too early for a saturday :P....but now alas, things have changed.....actually I wouldnt wake up even today but my incessant coughing and hurting tonsils arent letting me sleep.....

With the temperature hovering around 4-6 degree celsius outside, I even contemplated braving the chill outside and get some readymade breakfast and hot coffee from outside but I am again tired of the bland breakfast of Donuts, Muffins, Pancakes,Croissants,Buns etc.....what I am craving for is the typical Desi Weekend Breakfast of Aloo Parathas dripping with ghee and curd and that I will not get anywhere at this hour unless I cook it myself......these are the times when I miss my home the most.....and I also wonder if my mom also felt lazy on these mornings because she never said so and always cooked whatever we demanded ...Love u mom :))....and I also wonder if I would be able to generate this same warmth and care about myself in my kid(s).....

The growling in my stomach has increased and like a substance addict,it will only be satisfied with aloo parathas so guess I will have to move my lazy bum afterall.... :))

7 comments:

  1. I can understand Ruchi..at such momets we miss our mom so much...as they never said no...and we lazy chaps can't help...make a dough and teach Gursher how to make ...my Gaurav learnt last month and now he is so perfect in making aloo pranthas if the dough is prepared:)

    Go ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Divya.....so true yar :)).....oh so Gaurav is doing full on seva...hehe...he ought to...u deserve it....with guinea and me its a pact that Ill do the cooking and he'll do the dishes and even after I give him the dough chances are pretty bleak of him successfully making any :P:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. get well soon. My first visit on your space... I see that you're away from home, 6 months from now I guess I'll be seeing myself missing those wonderful "ghar-wale" moments :)
    Well i'll be gng abroad for MBA :)
    And aloo parathas yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Esther....Ill suggest you make the most of these ghar waala moments now because you will really miss them abroad :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. U now know why I dont leave India :) Get well soon and get those paranthas too :)

    ReplyDelete