Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Heathens...

Read this wonderful book by Mildred Kalish which describes her childhood years in an Iowa farm during the Great Depression....its wonderful the way in which she has described those times,traditions,recipes and life in general then....makes me nostalgic and reminds me of my own childhood.......

For mostly everyone childhood years are the best..those carefree years full of love,care,mischief,games and innocence are the best in a persons life. oh I would trade my childhood years anytime for anything :))

I would love to go back and make those paper boats again during monsoons...play in heaps of sand....talking to dolls....playing kitchen....games with friends....fights with my sisters...sitting on papas lap in evening and showing him all sorts of weird drawings and getting his appreciation no matter how ludicrous it is :))....

and with Mummy....oh sitting in her lap....telling her stories and every little incident of school...pestering her to make my favourite dishes....letting her bathe me and dress me...wiping my mouth after eating on the corner of her saree....

with friends....talking...playing....fighting...oh those fun days....can relive  them anytime....Oh my Happy Childhood Days :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment