Saturday, May 8, 2010

To Maa...With Love :)

Happy Mother's Day Mom...though I dont need a specific day to express my love to you but having a day specifically cut out for loving and remembering Mommys isnt a bad idea as well :)....

I can't begin to thank you and just gratitude wont be enough but thats all I can offer for everything you have given me...Right from giving birth to me...taking care of me and doing everything possible to make my life happy and safe.

I have always been a sickly child and still have memories of those years of you staying up whole night...taking my temperature,putting wet towels on my burning forhead, soothing me, giving me medicines...those innumerable trips to Hospitals and Dispensaries...and all this while taking care of two more kids and running a full fledged household...

You are just not my mother, you are also my best friend, guide and counsellor. God knows how many times I have troubled you with my juvenile and reckless behaviour but no matter how deeply in trouble I was, you have always bailed me out and always forgiven me.

I was never a "model child"...I had been a typical pain-in-the-neck child...creating mischief when not sick...took some really bad decisions regarding my education, my career etc., but you have always shown infinite patience in counselling and guiding me towards the right direction.

And finally I gave enough troubles while getting married too. Shipra (my older sister) was married on Jan. 18, 2009...till then you had no idea I even had a boyfriend. I told you about Gini in the beginning of Feb. 2009...You spoke to his parents...You had not met anyone...him or his parents...just spoke on the phone..but agreed to this wedding for my happiness.We are Hindus, they were Sikhs...let alone inter-caste, they were from a different religion but you were always too modern to consider such things that are considered so important in other families....For you no religion or Caste or Society was more important than your Children's happiness.

My wedding which was to take place in Dec. 2009 was preponed to May 2009 because of our insistent pressure...we couldnt bear to stay apart that long...You agreed to even that!!....I completed my M.B.A in April 2009 and got married in May 2009...You met the Groom and his family one day before the Wedding on Engagement day!!!...Half of our relatives including my sisters couldnt come from U.S because of such short notice. All the wedding arrangements and shopping was done in a jiffy.

Mommy, you were having severe arthiritis pain in your left knee at that time because you had broken a ligament...but you were smiling all through the wedding bearing that excruciating pain and eating several painkillers a day...Standing for long hours greeting guests...doing arrangements and not complaining even once!!!.....

And now because of you, I have gotten one more Mommy whos actually Mother-in-law but luckily for me, shes so affectionate, warm and caring that the 'in-law' part has gotten obliterated :)

Love you Maa for being my Mommy and everything you have done and would remain grateful till my last breath :))

1 comment:

  1. Extremely touching message for ur mom dear...can bring tears in each ones eye...feel so proud to have such imp ones in our lives....
    As is truely said :

    when I was born,there was a woman to hold me,she was my mother.When I started walking,there was a woman to care for me,she was my sister.When I went to school,there was a woman to guide me,she was my teacher.When I grew up as a man and I felt sad or depressed,there was a woman to console me,she was my wife.Whenever I had some problem as an elderly man,there was a woman to help me,she was my daughter.When I was dying,there was a woman behind me,she was my motherland.
    If you are a man,respect women.
    If you are a woman,be proud!

    ReplyDelete